The crew minus a few nomads

The crew minus a few nomads

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Future OG.







So i meet this young man at the smokeout last year and he seemed to be any other young dude running around. He was pretty cool and a decent enough guy. Then he went to the KSL trip up in the mountains on his chopper bike that i call the burn victim, Because it really did catch on fire and burned down on the side of the road two weeks earlier before the mountains.




He got it together and made the ride of 400 miles one way. He had problems on the way home and tore into his tranny and fixed it in the parking lot. With the ol ladys help. HAHA. sometimes it takes a women's touch.










He was bound and determined to finish his ride and make it home on his bike, even though i was there with my truck to scoop him up. I am saying all this to about him to give him credit for determination and will to finish his journey. There are plenty of the young dudes out there looking cool and throwing lots of money at there bikes to make the next bar and bike show. I think they are missing the real reason.

This was taken off the funnybook written from the one and only Dakota.

I think he gets it.  A future OG in the making.




This has been one of those rides that I read about and am inspired by. I left Wednesday night after a spontaneous decision the night before, packed up at 2am and took off in the morning.
Hit pink hill around 1 and lost my timing plug, a fellow road warrior helped me to patch it up with a tree branch and some electrical tape. It got me to the next town. Where a couple good ole coutry boys working the parts counter whe helped me try to find a bolt, but ended up sending me next door to the lawn mower shop, no dice, came back and the guy hands me an adjustable wrench and says 'I fixed it, if it feels right tighten it up' MONEY
an hour later stop and meet Mike and check out his compound to share stories and bull shit for a few hours. Until I realized I was about 2 hours away and running out of time to check in and get set up.
Make it to the state park around 6 and find out they are shooting a movie so camp sites are pretty scares since the crew stole half of them. So after pissing off the entire camp ground by riding in circles for a half hour o finally stake my claim. Pay for the spot and buy some firewood $5 a bundle? Can't beat that, until you try to start it only to find out is got water on it. So I fight the whole night to keep the fire going until I pass out ontop of my sleeping bag. And yes Brach I did wear my helmet to sleep.
Woke up before the birds and see that raccoons have raided my spot and ate all of my food. Ballsy fuckers they are.
So I wait til about 7 and head out for some good ole fashion chicken and waffles.
Spent the whole day exploring the area and coasting into gas stations.
Now I sit here at the lazy parrot with the cheapest cold beer in town and listen to some live music.
What more could you ask for from a spontaneous solo run to the beach?
Live your life.

1 comment:

  1. Good kid indeed!!!!!He certainly gets it and I'm damn proud to call him friend and brother.

    ReplyDelete